The Eagle Lake Improvement Association depends not only on generous financial support from our members, but must also have a dedicated team of leaders and volunteers to staff our critical activities. The summer months typically offer a wide range of volunteer opportunities, with many requiring only a small commitment of time and flexible scheduling. Other activities, such as the Welcome New Neighbor program, must be staffed on a year-round basis. Volunteers need NOT be on the board of directors, and we encourage participation from all members.
The Eagle Lake Connects program can best be described as "Neighbors Helping Neighbors". Many of our neighborhood residents could use a little help with yard maintenance or lakeshore upkeep. Others might be looking for help with teaching their kids to fish, or where to buy plants for a native restoration garden. Many of our members are able and willing to help, and a goal of our program is to provide answers and assistance whenever possible.
- Assist with shoreline projects, including maintenance of the Zinnen Restoration Garden
- Participate in Clean Boats Clean Waters program
- Assist at community events, such as the Eagle Lake Regatta and Social
- Monitor supply of flyers in boat ramp InfoBox receptacles
- Assist with water quality testing
- Work with our Secretary to fold, stuff, and prepare Ripples newsletters for mailing
This is just a short sample of activities, which will be updated from time to time. Our neighborhoods are filled with individuals possessing special knowledge and talents, and most importantly, a willingness to help when needed. If you'd like to learn more about our volunteer opportunities, or better yet, become involved in the work of the Eagle Lake Improvement Association, please fill out the form and click Submit.